Trailers / Trailering

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / finn keel trailer dimensions

Author finn keel trailer dimensions
Bernard Grosperrin
Broken Arrow- Oklahoma- USA.

Boat Name: Euphoria

Model/Year: Catalina 22 Finn Keel 1973

Hull No. C2120

Hailing Port: Will be Kestone Lake
10/26/2006 9:40 PM Pacific Time

I am adapting a bass boat trailer to my catalina 22. My only problem is...I don't have the boat yet, so can't take measurements as I would like to. I have seen pictures, and have some dimensions, but miss a few. Could you help me, please? I am making it to be a bunk trailer, roughly looking like this https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/rwahlfel/www/RandyGarrettTrailer.htm, but with only one axle.

I would like to know what is the distance between the 2 top bunks, and their height (relative to the trailer frame, or bottom of the keel), as well as the distance between the axle (or middle of the axles for 2 axles) and the bow.

If you have such a trailer, or even a swing keel trailer, I would appreciate if you could give me those dimensions. I have seen a lot of catalina 22 around, but not much trailers...

Thanks very much,
Bernard
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
10/30/2006 5:03 PM Pacific Time

When I was having a custom trailer built, Catalina Yachts faxed me some drawings of a yard storage cradle which pretty much had the demensions you would need for a moving trailer. I don't know what I did with the copy, but I'm sure if you contact them, they would fax you a copy.

Trailers / Trailering
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Trailers / Trailering / finn keel trailer dimensions