Maintenance

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Boat Yard Bottom work.

Author Boat Yard Bottom work.
Russ Hauser
Tavares, FL

Boat Name: Serenity Now!

Model/Year: 1982

Hull No. CTYH1337M82L

Hailing Port: Lake Harris
11/11/2006 3:10 PM Pacific Time

Has anyone had any experience with having a yard do the bottom work on your boat. This might be going as far as "peeling" or grinding the gelcoat below the waterline and building up coats of barrier and paint. In other words a complete bottom job. What would be the going rate (Per foot?) for a Catalina 22 say?

Russ Hauser
C-22 #11337
Tavares, FL
John Myers
Beaufort, SC

Boat Name: Marsh Mellow

Model/Year: C 27 - 1986

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Dataw Island SC
07/08/2007 1:52 PM Pacific Time

Russ: I see it has been awhile since you posted this question, but FYI , my marina/boatyard just quoted me $32 / FT for hauling out our C27 and doing one coat of bottom paint, and the second coat was going to be $13 / FT.
Mitch Kronowit
Mission Viejo, CA

Boat Name: Paulina

Model/Year: 1984 Catalina 22

Hull No. #12276

Hailing Port: Dana Point, CA
07/09/2007 10:32 AM Pacific Time

For those doing the math, that's $1215 for two coats on a Catalina 27. Just to add to this, I recently had my Catalina 22 hauled out, cleaned, and painted with two coats of Z-Spar for around $870.
AdrianaDMahone
newyork,newyork

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
12/18/2019 12:16 AM Pacific Time

Nice post. I like it so much. I love to read books and now I have a big collection of old books and I want to sell those. I don't want to waste those and that's why I am trying to sail those. Well, I was looking for someone to do my assignment for me and I discover this while searching for this. Do you know any other service which can help me with this? I will be very thankful to you.
Joel
New Lenox, IL

Boat Name: C-Dog

Model/Year: 1978

Hull No. CTYH8427M781

Hailing Port: Varies
12/18/2019 12:16 AM Pacific Time

Nice post. I like it so much. I love to read books and now I have a big collection of old books and I want to sell those. I don't want to waste those and that's why I am trying to sail those. Well, I was looking for someone to do my assignment for me and I discover this while searching for this. Do you know any other service which can help me with this? I will be very thankful to you.

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
12/18/2019 12:18 AM Pacific Time

Thnaks guys

Boat Name:

Model/Year:

Hull No.

Hailing Port:
12/18/2019 12:18 AM Pacific Time

Thnaks guys

Maintenance
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Maintenance / Boat Yard Bottom work.