Cruising Issues

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Issues / Cruising the Southern Gulf Coast

Author Cruising the Southern Gulf Coast
jason
Tx

Boat Name:

Model/Year: c-22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: clear lake
01/20/2007 9:50 AM Pacific Time

I plan on cruising South out of the Galveston area to Vera Cruz.

I have only been sailing for a little over a year but dont plan on leaving until i graduate, (about two years from now) this will give me some time to plan, gain experience and get together the necessary equip. I have a basic Catalina 22 and currently in the process of rigging the sheets and downhauls to the cockpit. -much more to go.

The plan is to coastal cruise taking our time and hitting ports along the way.

Due to he boat and my experience, more experience, the plan may be ambitious, but I am going to give it a run.

In another post someone mentioned a book that has been written by a member of the Yacht Club in Corpus Christi on just this type of cruise. i have not got into looking for t yet. -any clues?

Anyway, i am looking for the collective wisdom and advice from this forum’s members.

thanks in advance.

jason.
Willard E. (Will) Lee
Atlanta, GA

Boat Name: Southern Gale

Model/Year: C-22/1977

Hull No. 7657

Hailing Port: Lake Lanier Georgia
01/21/2007 9:09 AM Pacific Time

I am a former member of Bay Yacht Club in Corpus Christi, TX. It was a member of Bay Yacht Club who wrote the book about cruising the Texas Gulf Coast, but having been gone for 10 years now, I can not remember the name. Give the club a call, I'm sure someone there will know who it is. Plan on stopping by the club as you cruise by Corpus Christi. They are extremely friendly, down to earth people and will welcome you to the area. Either Jerry Vaughn or Hal Peterson (both past Commodores) should be able to give you any information you need.
jason
Tx

Boat Name:

Model/Year: c-22

Hull No.

Hailing Port: clear lake
01/21/2007 9:14 AM Pacific Time

i called earilier hoping someone would be there. nope, so i sent them an email.

thanks.

Cruising Issues
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Cruising Issues / Cruising the Southern Gulf Coast