Engine

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Just got my new mount from C.D.

Author Just got my new mount from C.D.
Christopher Dube
Mansfield Texas

Boat Name: Gypsey Girl

Model/Year: C-22 1977

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Joe Pool Lake
03/24/2007 5:58 AM Pacific Time

Man, you talk about beefy ! I could mount a Chevy 350 on this thing. I have a 9.9 so we are thinking that the 3 spring should be what we need. We are installing it this week. I will update as to the "Feel" of raising and lowering the motor. I will no longer worry about that cheepo aluminium mount departing for Davey Jones Locker. Hell, I might offer it to Davey Jones Myself !!! Chris.
Christopher Dube
Mansfield Texas

Hull No.

03/25/2007 9:24 AM Pacific Time

Well the Mount is now installed. I must say, it is a first class piece of gear. The three springs are perfect for the weight of the 9.9 engine we have. It can be lowered with a slight pressure and lifted with ease. We are in the process of a total restoration of our boat so we used the Nylon Crib Boards that were on the boat when we got it , and made backing plates for the mount. One plate is on the outer side of the transom and one on the inside. This material works perfect for this. Unlike hardwood or plywood, the Nylon contours to the shape of the stern. One plate inside and one out supports the weight of the engine and mount like it should be supported. When we first got the boat the mount was directly mounted to the fiberglass. Metal on glass. " No Good ". I will post a link showing the installation as soon as my son finds the camera. Chris... P.S We think mom has it.
chris Dube
mansfield Texas

Boat Name:

Model/Year: 1977

Hull No.

Hailing Port: Joe Pool Lake.
03/25/2007 5:24 PM Pacific Time

Here are some pictures,
Mounted, with our restored 1977 evinrude 9.9.

Here is a link to my photobucket page.
I still don't have any pics of the backing plates in place.
I'll add them later.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n135/GypsyGirl_c22/New%20motor%20mount/
Christopher Dube
Mansfield Texas

Hull No.

04/06/2007 7:09 PM Pacific Time

My new motor mount is the closest match for our Evenrude 9.9 that I could have installed. It is as close to perfect as I think it could be. Lifting and lowering is almost a two finger operation. When running it feels alot more solid than the original mount. I am very impressed with this piece of gear. I recomend it highly. Chris..
Christopher Dube
Mansfield Texas

Hull No.

08/27/2007 5:46 AM Pacific Time

We now have a proper web site that details the stuff we are doing to our boat. It shows the engine mount installation. The web address is. www.gypsygirlc22.com . Check it out. The Catalina Direct Mount cant be beat. Chris.

Engine
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Engine / Just got my new mount from C.D.