Racing

Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Racing Sails

Author Racing Sails
Russ Hauser
Tavares, FL

Boat Name: Serenity Now!

Model/Year: 1982

Hull No. CTYH1337M82L

Hailing Port: Lake Harris
03/28/2007 9:43 AM Pacific Time

I'm entering my first competition in the 54th Annual Mug Race on the St. Johns River. I'm looking at buying sails just for racing. North Sails would be nice to have, but too expensive for me, I think. Are there alternatives that would be competitive at a lower cost? I would need a main, of course, but would I need a genoa as well as a jib? Since I'm just getting started, I wouldn't need the best that money can buy until I've gained enough experience to justify the cost.
Russ Hauser
Tavares, FL

Hull No. CTYH1337M82L

03/28/2007 1:18 PM Pacific Time

Sorry, I should have seen that Bob has already answered my questions.
Glenn Warner
Jacksonville Florida

Boat Name: Goblin/JuJu

Model/Year: 1981/1972

Hull No. 10369/1222

Hailing Port: Jacksonville Florida
04/25/2007 4:35 AM Pacific Time

Russ, glad you are coming to do the Mug Race. It is my clubs main event of the year. I am not sailing my c22 but an racing on a friends Flying Scot. I will look for you Fri. and after the race at the party.

Glenn
Lynn Buchanan
Nevada City, CA

Boat Name: SAILYNN

Model/Year: SWING 1984

Hull No. 11994

Hailing Port: SCOTTS FLAT LAKE, CA
05/27/2007 10:49 PM Pacific Time

Russ, I bought racing sails and cruising sails from The Sail Warehouse in Monterey, CA.
Russ Hauser
Tavares, FL

Hull No. CTYH1337M82L

08/28/2007 8:08 PM Pacific Time

I haven't logged on for a long time and thought I'd bring you up to date. I ended up buying Gus Sails Main and 150% genoa for Serenity Now! The first time the boat went into the water was the day before the Mug Race on the St Johns River.
We won the RCHS Non Spinnaker Division C, thanks to Gus Sails, Interlux VC-17 bottom paint and the sail trimming skills of my crew. Long race, eleven hours and fortyeight minutes!

Racing
Catalina Direct Discussion Topics / Catalina 22 Discussion Area / Racing / Racing Sails