Our deck organizer blocks are a significant upgrade compared to the standard equipment used on Catalinas built after 1986. They have several advantages over competing blocks as well
• Stainless steel frame is robust and looks good longer than competitors' aluminum and plastic frame blocks
• Two 1/4" bolts mean fewer holes in the deck than the typical four 3/16" bolt pattern with similar strength
• Anodized aluminum sheaves won't self destruct in the sun like plastic sheaves
• Same mounting hole spacing as original Catalina supplied blocks so you don't have to drill new holes
• Two sheaves with ball bearings turn freely with minimum friction
• Maximum line diameter 7/16"
Suitable for Halyards and control lines on:
• Catalina 22
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Capri 25
• Capri 26
• Capri 30
• Frame size: 5-1/8" x 1-3/4"
• Sheave diameter: 2"
• Mounting fastener spacing: 2-1/8"
• Mounting fastener diameter: 1/4"
1) Although there is plenty of room in the block and the groove in the sheaves will accommodate 7/16" line, we recommend 3/8" as the line will run more freely through the block.
2) The redesigned deck of the Catalina 22 Sport has less room outboard of the mast than earlier Catalina 22s. That said, double check that these will fit where you intend on installing them. Regardless of the Catalina model you own, measure your boat to confirm there is adequate space on deck for their size and shape.
3) Measure before ordering! The owner of 1986 C-30 #2548 reports his boat used the larger blocks #Z2340 that have a 2-1/2" center to center mounting hole spacing. If you are upgrading your earlier deck organizers that were of a similar design, it is advisable that you measure your old blocks before ordering to ensure a proper fit.