Except for Signet. They are still a small company in Southern California building sailboat instruments. And they build a special knotmeter
for us that is a perfect replacement for thousands of round instruments installed in early Catalinas. Most of the companies who built round instruments are now out of business. But our knotmeter is a great replacement for several reasons:
• Each unit is vigorously tested and must pass extensive quality control standards before it is shipped. All units come with a two-year factory warranty.
• Four small magnets in a paddlewheel transducer with four vanes begin to rotate at a very low speed threshold making for great light air sensitivity.
• Ideal for trimming your sails because it reads out to two decimal places.
• Speed trend indicators may be used for accurate sail trim adjustment.
• Select the log mode, calibration mode, or change the adjustable speed averaging constant with a simple front mounted switch.
• The 4-1/2" round case (5-1/2" bezel) was the largest in the industry and therefore will fill the bulkhead
mounting hole of almost any instrument.
• The flush mount thru-hull creates minimal drag. (Mushroom thru-hull available upon special request)
• The 1.6" diameter thru-hull fitting will replace most companies' fittings making it easy to retrofit in place of your existing instrument.
• Red night lighting can be wired to your running light circuit for good night time visibility.