Our deluxe tillers are created using only the finest white ash with hard, dense and extra strong African mahogany. Fits early Capri 25's and early Capri 26's when 36" length is required. Please be sure 36" is the correct length for your boat. 43-1/2" length is also available, E9036.
are supplied undrilled to accommodate the various hole patterns used in the tiller straps over the years. This tiller measures 1-1/2" X 2" at the aft end and 36" long.
• Width (at the butt end of the tiller): 1-1/2""
• Height (at the butt end of the tiller): 2"
• Rise (see note below): 9-3/4"
• Length: 36"
Rise is measured, with the butt end of the tiller on a flat surface, from that surface to the top of the inboard end of the tiller.
Caution: It is recommended to cover your tiller while not in use. Varnished tillers left in the weather will discolor and diminish it's beauty. There is a 3 year warranty to protect against de-lamination, which is the separation of layers of wood, not the varnish. Please see "May we also suggest" below for cover options.
1) The early Capri 26 and Catalina 27 used the same cast bronze tiller head. Catalina built these boats using bronze tiller heads from their inventory for years after the tiller heads themselves were out of production. When the supply of these tiller heads was exhausted, both the Catalina 27 and Capri 26 were equipped with a bronze tiller head originally used on the Catalina 30.
2) The Catalina 30 tiller head was shimmed down to fit the smaller diameter rudder shaft used on the Catalina 27 and Capri 26. If your Capri 26 is equipped with one of these larger, shimmed tiller heads, your boat requires a different tiller. Please call our sales staff and request part #RI8050.