This UV resistant sheave replaces earlier white sheaves that were subject to deterioration in the sun.
This sheave is used in a variety of applications:
• Reef lines in the aft boom aft end casting on the Capri 22 (2ea), some Capri 25's (2ea), and the Capri 26 (2ea); late model C-27 that used the new boom with a tab extruded along the bottom of the boom (2ea)
• Halyard sheave in the masthead CP-22 (ea)
• Control lines in the gooseneck casting on the Capri 22, some Capri 25's, the Capri 26 and late Catalina 27's that used the new boom with a tab extruded along the bottom of the boom, (3ea)
• Capri 25 mast base casting (6ea) & masthead.
• Outside diameter: 1-3/4"
• Inside diameter: Cleared for 1/4" clevis pin
• Width: 1/2"
• Maximum line diameter: 5/16"
1) In 2010 Catalina started supplying their boats with Selden masts and standing rigging. Current production Capri 22 (hulls 1259 and up) are now equipped with Selden rigs. These boats require different mast fittings. If your boat has a Selden rig, call our Technical Support at 916/843-1971.
2) To avoid doubling the cost of these sheaves by custom machining the bushings, the fabricator uses a stock stainless tube for the bushing. The engineers among us will have a coronary at that idea. However the fabricator has made literally tens of thousands of these sheaves over the years for Catalina Yachts and other boat manufactures without issues.