Discontinued by manufacture.
Snap shackles when you need to open a shackle in a snap. The photo above provides a relative size comparison to help you choose. Click one of the links in the "Other Sizes" tab to choose a different size shackle. Click "Order Now!" to purchase the part number specified for this shackle below. See "May we also suggest" at the bottom to select other types of shackles.
Ever attempt to change a heads'l while under way? One hand for the boat and the other to handle the shackle, the clevis pin, and the jib tack all at once. How do you screw in that pin with only one hand?
Specifications for this Shackle #Z2339:
• Nominal size: 5/16"
• Pin diameter (A): 8mm / 0.314"
• Max inside height (B): 30mm / 1.213"
• Max inside width (C):
17mm / 0.699"
• Inside vertical clearance (D): 26mm / 1.028"
• Overall length (E): 98mm / 3.881"
• Inside horizontal clearance (F): 23mm / 0.909"
• Clevis pin diameter (G): 8mm / 0.313"
• Breaking strength:
2,200kg / 4,850 lbs
• Safe working load:
1,100kg / 2,425 lbs
• Safety wire hole: Yes
• Construction: Investment Cast
• Material: 15-5 PH instant cast stainless steel body and hasp; Type 316 stainless steel plunger pin and spring