Coolant hose for the Universal engines. It connects the heat exchanger to the fresh water pump by way of custom coupler.
• Extra heavy tube and cover with wire helix
• 2 ply reinforcement provides excellent flexibility and bend radius
• Resists heat, ozone, exhaust, panting and collapse
• Exceeds SAE J2006-R2, and ABYC & NMMA P-1 exhaust standards
• Black High Temp EDPM Rubber 250°F (120°C) Max
• 5 year manufacturer's limited warranty
Includes two high quality hose clamps:
• Swedish made entirely from type 316 stainless steel
• Designed with the "gear" on the outside of the strap
• A smooth surface on the inside of the clamp
• Smooth surface allows the strap to slip around the hose during tightening, creating a tighter grip hose barb
It corresponds to the straight portion of part number 17 in the exploded view of the cooling system and the area marked in red in the drawing for the recommended alternator bracket retrofit drawing.
OEM Equipment for the following engine models (and the boat that we are aware used these engines... There could be other combinations as well):
• M-18 (Catalina 27, Catalina 30)
• M-25 (Catalina 30)
• M-25XP (Catalina 28, Catalina 30, Catalina 34, Catalina 36)
• Inside diameter: 7/8"
• Length: 20" (See note 1)
Length is specified for engines that have had the recommended alternator bracket retrofit kit installed.
Original hose was 27-1/2" long and connected directly to the water pump and as such required a pretty tight bend near the front of the engine.
See "May we also suggest:" to see your engine might not need the alternator retrofit bracket kit as well if your engine is equipped with the original longer, one piece hose.