Table leg, 1" tubing, with bracket with improved all stainless steel construction. Designed to hold itself up in the stowed position when the table is lowered and used as a berth.
Also used for:
• Many pedestal mounted cockpit tables.
• Support for the slide-out double berth on the traditional interior Catalina 27.
The original stainless leg sometimes failed when it was kicked while entering or exiting the dinette. Under stress, the surface weld securing the support tabs to the base plate would fail.
Catalina Direct has improved on the construction of this leg in several ways:
• The mounting plate is made of thicker gauge stainless steel than the original
• The support tabs are also thicker gauge stainless than the original
• The support tabs now pass through laser cut slots in the base plate
• The support tabs are welded both top and bottom rather than just to the bottom surface of the base plate
• This method facilitates a more complete weld around the support tabs at the bottom of the plate compared to the original.
The earliest Catalinas used a leg sourced from an RV supply. These tubes were fabricated from square steel and had several chromed steel parts that tend to rust in the marine environment. Our stainless steel leg is a fine replacement for these earliest legs as well.
By having all legs fabricated to the same length, we are able to order larger quantities fabricated at a lower cost that we can pass on to you. If you require less than the 27" length, remove the rubber tip from the bottom end, trim to the desired length, and reinstall the tip.