The flexible furler is a hassle-free "set and forget" reefing system.
It never needs maintenance and is durable enough to withstand most any mishap. The luff was designed to maintain proper sail shape in the reefed mode and to reef safely even if high winds force you to use a winch.
We have upgraded the furling gear kit to make it completely "bullet proof". Our furling gear kits include everything you need for a proper installation without making five trips to the hardware store!
The once stainless steel furler cup is now ABS plastic with a UV inhibitor and durable chrome plating.
• Low price.
• Virtually indestructible one-piece plastic luff.
• Internal self contained jib halyard.
• Very easy installation.
Here' s what we include:
• Complete Flexible Furler with halyard.
• Pulpit mounted block leads the line into the furler.
• Stanchion mounted fairleads lead the line aft to the cockpit. No drilling required!
• Cockpit mounted cleat.
• Furling line, 5/16" x 65', Very Low Stretch, white with blue marker
• Fasteners for the cleat.
Make sure that your forestay has the necessary rigging toggle attaching it to the masthead. The toggle allows the forestay to rotate freely to port and starboard whereas a marine eye only allows for rotation fore and aft. If your forestay does not have a toggle and is new enough that it does not need replacing and you have the needed 1-1/2" adjustment in the turnbuckle, you can add a toggle during installation of this furling kit. If not, then you will need an appropriate new forestay shown below in "May we also suggest" below.
1) The luff of your sail may need to be modified to be compatible with the furler. You can take your sail to your local sail loft or Catalina Direct can arrange for the conversion. See "May we also suggest" below for prices of luff conversion.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!