This fixed gooseneck mast bracket replaced the earlier gooseneck slide used on the Capri 22 and Catalina 25. The Catalina 250 used this fixed bracket from the first boat built. It is similar to the Capri 26 gooseneck except the Capri gooseneck is thicker stainless and the mounting hole pattern is a bit wider.
• Capri 22 mid 90's and later
• Catalina 25 after 1984
• Catalina 250
• Capri 26 with modification (see Warnings & Notes tab)
Mast bracket dimensions:
• Height: 2-3/8"
• Overall width: ~2-5/16"
• Vertical clearance between ears: ~ 1-1/8"
• Clevis pin diameter: 1/4"
• Clevis pin grip: 1-1/2"
• Vertical hole spacing (center to center): 7/8"
• Horizontal hole spacing (center to center): ~1-11/16"
• Fasteners holes: Cleared for (6) #10 fasteners
Mounting position, top of fitting to base of mast:
• CP-22 std or tall rig: 19"
• C-25 std rig: 37"
• C-25 tall rig: 25"
• C-250 std rig: 36"
Note: Early boats used sliding goosenecks, later boats used fixed. Mounting positions are those used when the fixed brackets became standard equipment.
1) The bends port and starboard on this bracket vary by a few degrees depending on the mast it fits. Unfortunately there is not enough demand to provide a unique parts for each boat. You may need to increase or decrease the angle slightly for a perfect fit.
2) If you would like to use this bracket as a replacement on your Capri 26, the fastener holes in the gooseneck may need to be modified by a machine shop. It is likely your Capri 26 has fastener holes that are a bit farther apart. Unfortunately, with only 326 of the Capri 26 having been built, there is insufficient demand to produce a unique replacement part for just that boat.