• We use PTFE coated thread for outstanding chemical and UV resistance. It will not be damaged by exposure to sunlight, weather, or water. Designed to last as long as the fabric. This avoids the common problem of a perfectly good cover in tatters because the thread has failed.
• Covers are made with a Unique Vinyl like double-coated Polyester Army Duck Fabric. This is not a laminated fabric that will de-laminate.
• Flat-Felled seams are double stitched through 4 layers of fabric.Double needle lock stitched flat-felled seams leave no edges to fray and seal water out better than other types of seams.
• Double-folded hems are stitched through 3 layers of fabric and again eliminate raw edges.
• Heavy duty nylon zippers don't scratch the boat and don't rust.
• Stand-up flaps snap around stays
and zippers. The flaps hide and protect chain plates and zippers from water seepage and damaging UV. Snaps hold much better than velcro.
• 5/16" elastic shock cord in the hem and draw cord tie downs to secure the cover on the boat.
• Tie-down points are soft webbing loops to avoid scratching the boat.
• Around the mast we sew a stand-up mast collar with draw cord closure at the top.
The position of various parts on the Catalina 22 can vary significantly from boat to boat. When you decide on a cover, please fill in the measuring diagram shown below under "Technical Support". With your tape measure and our drawing, you can provide the measurements we need to create a cover custom fitted to your boat and its hardware.
The base price of the cover assumes the boat has a bow pulpit, lifelines, and stern pulpit. It includes cutouts for the bow pulpit legs, the shrouds (which will surround the forward-most lifeline stanchion too at no additional charge), and the mainsheet traveler.
Most boats will not require additional cutouts. See the listing under "May we also suggest" below.
Color choices include tan, sky blue and silver gray