Our custom Catalina 22 boat covers incorporate many features for long life and superior protection of your boat. This version is for the first generation Catalina 22's built between 1969 and 1985 without lifelines or stern pulpit. See "May we also suggest" for a recommendation of a cover with lifelines and stern pulpit.
• We use PTFE coated thread for outstanding chemical and UV resistance. It will not be damaged by exposure to sunlight, weather, or water. Designed to last as long as the fabric. This avoids the common problem of a perfectly good cover in tatters because the thread has failed.
• Covers are made with a Unique Vinyl like double-coated Polyester Army Duck Fabric. This is not a laminated fabric that will de-laminate.
• Flat-Felled seams are double stitched through 4 layers of fabric.Double needle lock stitched flat-felled seams leave no edges to fray and seal water out better than other types of seams.
• Double-folded hems are stitched through 3 layers of fabric and again eliminate raw edges.
• Heavy duty nylon zippers don't scratch the boat and don't rust.
• Stand-up flaps snap around stays and zippers. The flaps hide and protect chain plates and zippers from water seepage and damaging UV. Snaps hold much better than velcro.
• 5/16" elastic shock cord in the hem and draw cord tie downs to secure the cover on the boat.
• Tie-down points are soft webbing loops to avoid scratching the boat.
• Around the mast we sew a stand-up mast collar with draw cord closure at the top.
The position of various parts on the Catalina 22 can vary significantly from boat to boat. When you decide on a cover, please fill in the measuring diagram shown below under "Technical Support". With your tape measure and our drawing, you can provide the measurements we need to create a cover custom fitted to your boat and its hardware.
The base price of the cover assumes the boat has a bow pulpit and traveler only, no lifelines, and no stern pulpit. It includes cutouts for the bow pulpit legs, the traveler, and the shrouds at no additional charge.
Color choices include tan, sky blue and silver gray
1) This item does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!