Barney post for Catalina 22 mainsheet cleat. Mounted in the center of the cockpit, it provides a much more convenient position for the mainsheet cleat than the stock, transom mounted cleat. With the barney post installed, your aft hand is on the tiller and the mainsheet falls easily to your forward hand. Yet, mounted on the centerline, it doesn't impede movement in the cockpit like an athwartships mounted traveler.
The Harken Carbo Ratchamatic block automatically switches from a light air free wheeling block to a heavy air ratcheting block seamlessly as the sheet load increases. The stout swivel base rotates on ball bearings. It always positions the cleat at the correct angle. The height of the Barney Post keeps the cleat at the proper elevation. It is always easy to cleat or un-cleat the mainsheet.Includes:
• Custom hardcoat anodized aluminum Barney Post
• Harken mainsheet swivel base
• Harken ball bearing aluminum cam cleat
• Harken Carbo Ratchamatic block
• Stainless steel backing plate
• Swivel base to Barney Post fasteners
• Barney Post to cockpit sole fasteners
• Post: Black anodized aluminum
• Backing plate: Stainless steel
• Cleat: Anodized aluminum cams on Delrin bearings
• Overall height: 16"
• Diameter of tube: 2-1/4"
• Base: 4" square
• Backing plate 6: square