Designed to ease reefing of the mains'l on your Catalina 22. Especially useful for short handed sailing, the reef cleat can be mounted on the mast or the line may be led aft to the cockpit with the addition of the options listed below.
The kit includes all required hardware, blocks, line, and mounting screws for your first set of reef points
. To help tidy up the reefed sail, we even include ties for the middle grommets. Single line reefing works best with slides installed on the luff
To make your reefing truly "single handed" you must choose from one of two additional options:
1) Ask your local sail loft to install a "jack line
" on the luff
of your main. Several slides are attached to the line which extends from the tack
to the luff
reef grommet. As you reef the grommet can be snugged right down to the boom without anyone going on deck to remove slides from the mast track.
2) Install our Mast Gater to span the gap at the sail entrance slot. See Related Items below.
When you are ready to shake the reef out, just cast off the reef line and haul the halyard 'till the main is at full hoist. There is no need to re-feed the bolt rope
• Diameter: 3/16"
• Lengths: (1) @ 37' & (3) @ 3'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Technical Support" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Dacron Polyester cover, w/ Polyester core
• Stretch: Very low stretch
• Color: White with blue marker