Replacement jam cleat for the no longer available jam cleat used as a downhaul jam cleat on the Catalina 22 and Catalina 25.
This simple, inexpensive jam cleat has many potential uses:
• Furling jam cleat for boats to 25'
• Outhaul cleat
• Halyard jam cleat for boat to 25'
• Inside a cockpit locker with a short length of line to secure or hang gear
• Flag halyard jam cleat on a larger boat
Unfortunately the original jam cleat is no longer in production, but to mount on the deck or on the spar with fasteners this replacement jam cleat can reuse one mounting hole and the second mounting hole can be drilled and tapped. The unused mounting hole in the deck or spar will be covered by cleat feet.
When used as a downhaul, it is clamped into the mast track with two of the boom stops listed below. Slip the boom stop into the mast track. Insert a flat head machine screw through the cleat and into the 10-24 female thread of the stop. Tighten onto the track at any height desired. No drilling required and it can be repositioned at any time.
Original Cleat Dimensions:
• 4-3/8" LOA
• 3/4" width
• 11/16" height
• 1-3/8" center to center mounting holes
New Replacement Cleat Dimensions:
• 4" LOA
• 5/8" width
• 3/4" height
• 1-1/16" center to center mounting holes