Schaefer's Snapfurl combines qualities of the most popular trailerable boat furling systems.
Our gear kit eliminates the need to make five trips to the hardware store. We include everything you need for easy installation on your Catalina 25.
Gear kit includes:
• New forestay with rigging toggle
• Custom furler fairlead arm
• Furling line, 1/4" x 52', Very Low Stretch, white with blue marker
• Halyard restrainer
The upper bearing swivel allows use of your boat's halyard. Unlike the Flexible Furler, when led aft, you can use your halyard to tension the luff and shape the sail from the cockpit.
The stainless steel sail feeder makes it easy to hoist or change sails. The open cage drum rotates on bearings which run in a stainless steel race.
The two piece foil snaps together over the forestay making installation a breeze.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) In order to reduce cost, many of this furlers components are made of plastic. Plastic has the additional advantage of being impervious to corrosion. However plastic is more flexible than aluminum. Therefore we don't recommend this Schaefer furler be used on a tall rig. The tall rig's additional load on the halyard swivel will induce enough flex in the swivel components that, under heavy winds, the furler doesn't operate as smoothly as we would like.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!