Lead your Catalina 25's external halyards to the cockpit for added convenience and safety.
This all line halyard kits includes 5/16" Krypton Spectra core line. Its 6,800# strength is 3,500 pounds greater than your original 5/16" yacht braid halyards.
In order to save money, we recommend re-using your old halyard shackle and securing it to the halyard with a bowline knot, just as the factory did. If you need new shackles, see the related items below.
Switching from wire to line halyards has several additional advantages:
• Eliminate noise and damage to the mast caused by wire halyards slapping the mast
• Eliminate fish hooks in the wire that can cause injury
• Eliminate the wire to line splice that jams at the masthead and prevents the halyard shackle reaching the deck
• Provides for easier headsail changes in windy conditions
• Two Spectra core lines
• Two Harken single blocks (not shown in the photo above)
• Four new custom masthead sheaves for line
• Two ball bearing double sheave deck organizers
• Two Spinlock single rope clutches
• All the hardware necessary for installation
• Mast step
• Even the sealant is included
• Diameter: 5/16"
• Lengths: 79' & 83'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Technical Support" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Polyester cover, w/ Dyneema core
• Stretch: Extremely low, approximately 1/4 that of polyester
• Color: White with blue marker (main) and white with red marker (jib)