Mast sail track gate for the Catalina 25.
• Provides a transition across the mast track sail entrance slot.
• Allows sail slides to move past the entrance slot for reefing.
• Reef right down to the gooseneck from the security of the cockpit
• Prevents slides from falling out of the mast track when the sail is doused.
• Installs with 10-24 machine screws.
• Easily removed to stow the boom when its time to haul out.
• If you trailer your boat often, order MastGater Thumb Screw below under "May we also suggest"
• Set of 2 for the Catalina 25
• Includes drill and tap for easy installation.
• Mounting plate overall height: 4"
• Mounting plate width: 1"
• Overall height (including rods): 6"
• Mounting hole spacing center to center: 3"
• Maximum sail gate slot height: 6"
• Minimum sail gate slot height: 4"
Although the sail track entrance slot is milled into your mast with a milling machine, it was not done with 21st century digital technology. There is some variation in the height of the sail entrance slot from one mast to the next.
We fabricate our MastGater with rods that extend from the top and bottom of the mounting plate. The rods mimic the shape of the bead extruded to the inside of the mast track for a smooth transition between the mast and MastGater. The majority of masts require the length of the rods be trimmed at installation to accommodate the difference in the height of the entrance slots.