When you need a patch of shade, there is no substitute for a bimini.
This large bimini is both wider and taller than our standard bimini. It is particularly well suited for use by Catalina 25 sailors who would like to mount the bimini outboard on our custom bimini genoa track cars. This mounting choice eliminates extra mounting holes in the deck. It also provides a variety of mounting positions by sliding the cars to the desired location along the track.
There is one disadvantage of this mounting method. A narrower bimini mounted on the coaming allows you to sneak out from under the bimini and walk forward outboard of the frame. A wider bimini mounted to the toerail genoa "T" track precludes being able to walk outboard of the bimini.
• Royal Blue Tweed Sunbrella with black piping and black stitching.
• 7/8" round type 316 stainless steel tubing and fittings for ultimate strength. We've all lost our balance on occasion due to an unexpected gust. Since the bimini frame is always close at hand, it is usually what the crew grabs. Aluminum frame biminis will bend under these circumstances.
• Thread - Tex-90/92 Bonded SD Poly 16oz Black Solution Dyed
• Binding – Acrylic Centerfold Binding, 7/8" Black Solution Dyed
• Zipper - YKK-UV #5 Molded, Single Pull Metal, UV resistant, marine grade.
• Sit forward and you're in the shade.
• Sit aft momentarily (as pictured) for a full view of the sails.
• Folds forward of the sliding hatch to see the stars in the evening.
• Includes Sunbrella boot to cover bimini fabric when folded.
Compare the dimensions we provide with what you measure on your boat to check compatibility. Your boat may have additional hardware installed which could affect the bimini's location and/or function. Call our sales staff to find out where you should take measurements and what to watch for before ordering.
Successfully installed aboard:
• Capri 18
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 250
• Catalina 27
• May fit your Catalina. Compare your dimensions to those found in the "Dimensions" tab above.
The Catalina 25 tall rig's boom is mounted one foot lower than the boom on a standard rig. If you sail a Catalina 25 tall rig, call our technical support staff at 916/843-1971 for advise on how a bimini may be installed on your boat.
• 6' long fore and aft
• 46" high from the foot mounting point.
• Mount anywhere from 79" to 84" apart at the base.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) We have the bimini's manufactured in a knockdown configuration so they can be shipped via UPS. This will save you over $200.00 compared to shipping a bimini in a standard configuration via truck freight.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!