Our deluxe tillers are created using only the finest white ash with hard, dense and extra strong African mahogany.
This strength allows a more elegant shape and profile forward than our standard Philippine mahogany and ash tillers. The most beautiful pieces of wood are hand selected for the top and bottom layers ensuring this tiller will be the centerpiece of your cockpit. Laminated in seven layers, they are glued using high quality waterproof glue.
The tiller is finished with five coats of UV resistant varnish. This careful attention to detail allows us to offer a three year factory warranty against de-lamination, the longest tiller warranty available.
• Width (at the butt end of the tiller): 2"
• Height (at the butt end of the tiller): 2"
• Rise (see "Warnings & Notes"): 9-3/4"
• Length: 43-1/2"
Caution: It is recommended to cover your tiller while not in use. Varnished tillers left in the weather will discolor and diminish it's beauty. There is a 3 year warranty to protect against de-lamination, which is the separation of layers of wood, not the varnish. Please see "May we also suggest" below for cover options.
1) This item requires A 50% nonrefundable deposit as well as a special shipping charge that will be automatically added to your total at check out.
Give our sales staff a call for the shipping cost if you are planning to order by phone.
2) This tiller measures 2" high X 2" wide (at the rudder end) X 43-1/2" long. It fits the occasional Catalina 250 with a 2" thick rudder. If you need the more typical 1-1/2" thick tiller, see #E9036 found under "May we also suggest" below.
3) Rise is measured, with the butt end of the tiller on a flat surface, from that surface to the top of the curve of the tiller.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!