Three sets of fasteners mount one three hole gudgeon to the transom of a Catalina 22, Capri 22, or Catalina 25. Works with only the bushed 1/2" gudgeon upgrade, our #Z2125.
• (3) 5/16-18 X 2-1/2" Hex Head Bolts
• (3) 5/16-18 Hex Nuts
• (3) 5/16" Lock Washers
• (3) 5/16" Flat Washers
• Beginning in about July of 1982 Catalina began bonding a brass plate to the inside of the top transom for the top gudgeon on the C-22. It was originally drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 fasteners. At that time the bottom gudgeon was still fastened with 1/4-20 machine screws with washers and nylock nuts.
• The Catalina 25 gudgeons were fastened with 1/4-20 machine screws into a drilled and tapped plate. Some early drawings indicate there was an additional nylock nut forward of the plate. We're not sure the nut was ever installed as this defeats the purpose of the tapped plate since it would preclude servicing without gaining access to the inside of the transom.
• First generation Capri 22 gudgeons used a four hole pattern and 1/4-20 fasteners until ~ 1987
Capri 22 from ~ 1987 on used three 1/4-20 fasteners into a drilled and tapped plate. Catalina switched to 5/16" fasteners into a drilled and tapped plate approximately the same time that the new deck was introduced in 2000 with hull number 861.
• Our heavy duty bushed 3 hole gudgeons, #Z2125 have oversize fastener holes to accommodate any misalignment. The holes are large enough to accommodate 5/16" fasteners if you want to upgrade from 1/4" to 5/16" for any reason.