This 1-1/2" raw water engine intake seacock or galley sink drain with straight hose barb became standard equipment on many Catalinas towards the end of 1993. Upgrade your existing seacock to this straight barb version for easier clearing of debris from the intake or drain. Remove the attached plug, fasten it to a lanyard, and plug the intake from the outside of the boat. After servicing the valve, use the lanyard to dislodge the plug and bring it aboard to be be stowed on the valve for next time. The straight hose barb assembly allows for easy clearing of the valve body. The flush style thru-hull reduces drag.
Known usage: (there many have been others):
• Catalina 350: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 375: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 380: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 387: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 390: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 400: Galley sink drain
• Catalina 42 (all models): Engine water intake
• Catalina 470: Galley sink drain & engine water intake
• Barb size: 1-1/2" hose
• Height from base to top of handle when valve is open (maximum height not including wood mounting ring): 7-5/8"
• King nut diameter: 3-3/4"
• Thru-hull minor diameter (at hull): 2-1/8"
• Thru-hull major diameter (overall diameter at hull): 2-11/16"
• Thru-hull outside diameter: 2-1/8"
• Thru-hull inside diameter: 1-5/8"
• Thru-hull length overall: 3"