Exhaust riser for a Catalina 27 equipped with M-18 or 5411 Universal diesel engines. This particular exhaust riser did not use an aqua lift muffler. If there is a muffler installed on your boat, it is more than likely that this is not the correct part for you.
Please see the additional image below for dimensions. If none of the various risers we offer match your dimensions, you will need to send us your old riser to replicate.Unlike the original equipment part, we electropolish our stainless steel riser components. Electropolishing (often described as the reverse of electroplating) passivates the metal by removing the ferrous metal from both the inside and outside surfaces of the tube. This is especially important at the welds where the welding process disturbs the metal structure and makes it more susceptible to rust and corrosion.
The only way to remove the exhaust riser from the boat is to remove the exhaust flange from the engine. This dictates that, at a minimum, you will need to replace the gasket. Most customers report the exhaust flange is impossible to remove from the old riser. The male thread on the end of the riser is typically seized to the female thread of the exhaust flange. If this is true for your parts, you will need a new exhaust flange too. Both are available below under "May we also suggest" below.
1) CAUTION! This exhaust riser must be used with a properly installed thermal jacket. Due to the extreme fire hazard, we include the appropriate Thermal Jacket with each riser. Installing a riser without a thermal jacket is an extreme fire hazard that could cause death or serious injury and the complete loss of your boat.
2) We cannot overstate or take responsibility for the extreme danger inherent in an inboard engine's exhaust installation. We strongly recommend you have an experienced boat yard perform exhaust system repair or replacement.
3) Never run your engine without a properly installed Thermal Jacket. In every Catalina installation there are combustible materials close enough to the riser to start a fire.
4) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
5) This riser is equipped with 1-1/4"NPT size threads and is not compatible with "B" series engines, which use 1-1/2"NPT size threads.
6) This riser may not fit every Catalina 27. Since the boats are hand-built, we can never be positive. Only by matching the dimensions of the part in your boat to the dimensions in the photo shown below under "More Images" will you know if this is the correct part.