For 1" shaft. This is a machine pitch prop made of manganese bronze. The MP style prop has non-skewed, semi-elliptical blades with a blade to prop circle ratio of 51%. This is substantially more blade area than a "Sailor Prop" which allows the Machine Pitch Prop to produce greater thrust to punch to weather in big chop or claw off of a lee shore when needed.
Used on the following boats:
• Catalina 28 with Universal M-25XP engine
• Catalina 30 with Universal M-25, M-25XP engine
Three blade props provide better performance under power especially when the going gets rough. They also help to stop the boat much faster when entering a slip under windy conditions or challenging circumstances. The trade off is slightly reduced performance under sail. Expect to lose about 1/4 to 1/2 knot.
Click here for important information about the correct pitch for your prop.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!