Midship mooring cleat for use on 1" T track. May be used anywhere along the track as a midship cleat for use with spring_line.
Suitable for use on Catalina that uses 1" T track including the Catalina 22 after 1985, Catalina 25, Catalina 27, Catalina 270, Catalina 28, and Catalina 30.
• Cleat: Glass reinforced Maralon
• Car: Anodized aluminum
• Car length: 5"
• Cleat length: 6-1/2"
• Overall height: 2-1/4"
• Locking pin diameter: 1/4"
1) Not all 1" genoa track is the same. Some track has 5/16" adjustment holes. Catalina's track usually uses 1/4" adjustment holes. The pins in our cars are machined to fit 1/4".
2) If your boat has recessed genoa track there is typically an extension of the trough into which the track is mounted forward of the track. With a 5" long car there must be a 5" extension of the trough in order to slide the car onto the track. Another installation option for those boats with flush mounted track may be the stainless steel cleat shown below. If the length of the trough in the deck, forward or aft of the track, isn't long enough for the 5" car to slide onto the track, try the stainless cleat. The length of its car is only 4", making it easy to slide onto the end of the track. Measure your boat to determine which of the cleats is best for you.
3) This cleat will not fit the 15/16" track use on the first generation Catalina 22 (built until late 1985), nor will it fit the Catalina 22 Sport or the Capri 18.
A pair of these MidShip Cleats can be quite useful when you have occasion to moor alongside a dock or raft to another boat. They provide a perfect spot for fore and aft spring lines. Additionally they are very useful for coming alongside or leaving a tricky mooring or when sailing short handed. The "Read More" article below details Mid-Ship Cleat use on my prior boat. They were so useful then I have them now on our vintage Catalina 30.
Catalina Direct Consultant
Click Here to meet the Catalina Direct Crew