Our deluxe cutting board for two burner gimbaled stainless steel "Princess" or "Hillerage" propane and alcohol stoves.
When equipped with a two burner gimbaled stove, your boat was shipped by Catalina Yachts with a cutting board made to fit. They are great for adding a bit of counter space in a cramped galley and are handy for serving lunch in the cockpit. Unfortunately the original cutting boards have not been available for several years now.
After numerous customer requests, we have created two new solutions and added our own improvements to the original cutting board design.
We have the blanks for this board made in Vermont from very hard maple, harder but more expensive than our ash version. Thicker than the original equipment boards, we add the appropriate notches below that rest on the stove's brass pegs. We also include a deep juice groove to contain drips even if it your anchorage is a bit roly. It takes three passes with the router to get it this deep in the maple. We also add two deep finger groves to make it easier to lift the board from a table or countertop with lunch on the board.
This board fits the original equipment two burner gimbaled stainless steel "Princess" or "Hillerage" propane and alcohol stove tops as pictured below.
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 270 *
• Catalina 28
*See Warnings & Notes for details
• Length: 19-3/4"
• Width: 13"
• Thickness: 1"
Features and benefits:
• Material: Extra hard maple for long life
• Thicker board for added stiffness and longevity
• Notch on the bottom of the board, outboard, catches the the original brass pins to keep the board in place
• Extra large groove catches juices even if your anchorage is a bit rocky.
• Deep finger groves left and right make it easy to pick up as lunch is served
• Made in USA
1) The original Catalina 270 was built with a fold-down countertop panel over the stove. The cutting board will extend about 1/4" above the top of the rail on the gimbaled portion of the stove. Measure the distance between the top of the stove rail and underside of your countertop to ensure there is space available for the cutting board before ordering.
2) The two and three burner stoves with oven are different sizes than the two burner stove tops that this cutting board fits. This will not fit a stove with an oven. These will only fit a two burner gimbaled stove made by Princess or Hillerange.
3) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.