Most of our customers purchase cruising spinnakers when they want to increase performance in light air. They are not for racing, but rather for casual sailing with the family.
Our complete kit includes:
• A masthead spinnaker crane so the sail can be flown forward of the forestay in clear air.
• Two robust genoa cars for the sheets. Slide these cars way aft on your genoa tracks and you avoid having to drill more holes in your deck.
• Two sheets.
• Halyard snapshackle.
• Spinnaker halyard block.
• Halyard cam cleat (with fasteners) for use aft at the cockpit.
• Snap shackle equipped block for the tack pennant (tack pennant is typically supplied on the sail).
• Swivel block for the halyard at the base of the mast.
• Diameters: 5/16" & 3/8"
• Lengths: (2) @ 55' (5/16") & 90' (3/8")
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Technical Support" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Dacron Polyester cover, w/ Polyester core
• Stretch: Very low stretch
• Color: White
1) We assume you still have the spare sheave in your deck organizer outboard of the mast to turn the halyard aft to the cockpit. If this sheave has been used for another purpose, you may need an additional sheave.
2) Will not fit Catalina 27's with hull numbers in the following ranges: 1421-1450, 2465-2549, 3101-3150, 3950-3999, 4701-4725, 5042-5051, and 5140-5149. These boats were not built in California and used a different mast, therefore our masthead spinnaker crane is not compatible.
3) Will only fit Catalina 28's that used the early mast extrusion that used flat sail slides in the sail track. If you have the newer style mast extrusion that uses sail slides with round slugs in the sail track, you cannot use the masthead spinnaker crane included with this kit. Call our sales staff, and we can delete the crane for credit. The C-28 with the newer mast often already has a spinnaker crane attached.
4) The length of this item is based on the original factory specifications. However, the previous owner, like Captain Jack Sparrow, may have had an entirely different idea about how to rig a boat! Please confirm this is the correct length for your particular boat. We cut it from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but, like Jack, you may have a different idea of what you can use it for!