Top portion to a Catalina 28 split backstay for standard and tall rigs.
We start with corrosion resistant type 316 stainless steel wire. We include a user installed compression style fitting for the lower end fitting, saving you the trouble of having to send in your old rigging to achieve a perfect fit.
• Top connection: 1/2" Inside diameter marine eye
• Lower connection: 3/8" User installed stud for 3/8" turnbuckle included
• Wire: 1/4" 1x19 Type 316 stainless steel
• 1st generation (A): Hulls to #99, OEM mast with single swept aft spreaders, single (only aft) lower shrouds (most boats were retrofitted with...
• 2nd generation (B): Retrofitted early boats and all boats #100 through 368, single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds
• 3rd generation (C): Hulls #229 through #288, new shorter 35' mast with single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds is now know as "standard rig"
• 4th generation (D): Hulls #248 and up, tall rigs w/ 39' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 5th generation (E): Hulls #289, standard rigs w/ 35' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 6th generation (F): 2004, new in mast furling rigs offered for the standard rig ~35' long masts, double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
1) As there are several different variations, you must send in your old rigging so we can match your boat's requirements. See Standing Rigging Instructions below under "Technical Support" for instructions on how to mark and send in your rigging.
2) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!