For upgrading a boat with cockpit mounted engine controls and an Atomic 4 engine to pedestal mounted controls.
Includes stainless steel handles for throttle and clutch control installed in a white aluminum housing. Includes clevises for control end of engine cables, cable holder, bolts for anchoring, and directional stickers. The cable holder is the gray part in the center of the photo. It secures the upper end of the cables to the interior of the pedestal.
For precision control this unit has a throttle friction adjustment screw inside the housing. Aluminum housing matches original Edson pedestal. Mounts to top of the pedestal, between the pedestal and the compass.
• Outside diameter (nominal): 5"
• Outside diameter (actual): 4-15/16"
• Mounting holes center to center of adjacent holes: 3-3/4"
• Height: 2-1/4"
1) This unit uses our Engine Control Cables shown below for the throttle. A larger and more robust Engine Control Cable Heavy Duty is required for the transmission. See below under "May we also suggest" for examples of each. We stock additional lengths as well depending upon your needs. Check in [your boat category] > Engine > Controls and Cables for more choices or search for the phrase "Control Cable" in the search box for even more choices.
2) Before ordering, confirm engine installation is compatible with this unit. This unit is specifically for boats equipped with Edson pedestal steering and an Atomic 4 engine. They will not fit other brands of pedestals.