• 4 high quality type 316 stainless steel hose clamps
• Installation instructions
The clamps we include with this kit are made entirely from type 316 stainless steel for exceptional corrosion resistance.
The design of these clamps is also superior. Normal clamps, which have slits in the strap, engage the rubber as soon as the clamp begins to tighten. The clamp won't slip around the hose which limits the tightness. Further tightening just damages the hose.
These clamps are made with the "gear" formed on the outside of the strap. This leaves a smooth surface on the inside of the clamp. The smooth surface allows the strap to slip around the hose during tightening, creating a tighter grip on the stuffing box
and shaft log
. They are particularly well suited to stuffing box
installation since, due to their location, they are difficult to inspect regularly.
• Inside Diameter: 1-5/8"
• Outside Diameter: ~ 2-3/8"
• Wall thickness: ~ 3/8"
• Length: 5-1/2"
1) Unfortunately Catalina's records regarding the length of hose used in each boat are not complete. We believe that our 5" long hose will accommodate most Catalinas. If yours is shorter (many Catalina 30's use 3-1/2" long hose) it can be trimmed carefully with a hack saw. If you believe your hose is longer than 5-1/2", please measure before ordering. If your hose is longer or has the smaller inside diameter, please give our tech support line a call. We may be able to help.
2) Some Catalinas have the fiberglass shaft log installed at a very acute angle to the hull. The shaft log on the Catalina 30 in particular has very acute angle. This creates a challenge for installation of this heavy duty hose as there may be insufficient space between the hull and the shaft log to fit the thick hose and hose clamps far enough onto the shaft log. Please check your boat before ordering. If you need the thinner hose for your installation, see the related part below under "May we also suggest".