Replacement smoked acrylic lens only for your existing Bomar NIBO aluminum framed trapezoidal hatch.
Bomar builds haches with both 1/4" and 3/8" thick lenses. The frame of the lid surrounding the lens differs to accommodate the lens thickness. Many early boats were built with hatches that used 1/4" thick lenses. These have proven to be subject to failure when the crew stands on a hatch weakened by age.
We know that Catalina Yachts purchased hatches of both types, but no record exists indicating which hatch was used on which boat. And you can't tell which you have until you start disassembling the hatch.
Catalina Direct has solved both strength and fit issues with one custom made replacement lens. Our 3/8" thick lens is beveled at the top outside edge to fit properly into a frame designed for 1/4" thick polycarbonate. And it benefits from the strength provided by 3/8" material. If you disassemble your hatch and discover Catalina used a hatch with a 3/8" thick lens on your boat, simply turn our lens over. The outside dimensions are the same regardless of lens thickness. The small void left by the bevel at the bottom corner will fill with sealant. The width of the frame flange will support the lens properly and the top of the lens will fit flush with the top of the frame. As an added bonus, Catalina Direct's custom upgrade costs less than Bomar's 1/4" lens!
• Capri 26
• Catalina 22 from 1986 through 1994
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 36
It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Outside of deck flange: 27" x 20-7/8" x 22-1/8" (about 686mm x 530mm x 559mm)
• Outside of lid: 27-5/8" x 21-11/16" (about 702mm x 551mm)
• Hatch Opening: 24-1/4" x 18-1/4" (about 616mm x 460mm)
• Cut out in the deck: 25-3/8" x 19-1/4" (about 645mm x 489mm)
• Height off of deck: 15/16" (about 24mm)
• Width across top: 25-1/8"
• Width across the bottom: 20"
• Fore and aft: 19-1/8"
• Thickness: 3/8"
• Handle holes center to center: 16-1/4"
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) The hatch dog hole spacing was changed in the 1990s. Please verify the hatch dog hole spacing is 16-1/4" center to center for this hatch lens. If your hole spacing is 15-7/8" center to center for the hatch dogs, you may need to order the related lens (offered below). That lens is not as thick as this one and is a bit more expensive, but it may be the only one that will fit. Bomar 1094-10AX