Replacement smoked Plexiglas lens for your existing Bomar NIBO aluminum framed trapezoidal hatch.
Bomar originally created the lens only 1/4" thick. These have proven to be subject to failure when the crew stands on a hatch weakened by age. In 1997 Bomar increased the thickness to 3/8" without beveling the edges. Without the edges beveled, this is not a good retrofit for a hatch made with a 1/4" thick lens. See our improved version, Z2471 or Z3769, for a 3/8" thick lens with beveled edges to fit a hatch made for the weak 1/4" thick lens, but be sure to consider the center to center spacing of the handle holes.
Please inspect the gasket currently on your forward hatch. It may need to be replaced. See gasket suggested below.
• Capri 26
• Catalina 22 from 1986 through 1994
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 36
It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Outside of deck flange: 27" x 20-7/8" x 22-1/8" (about 686mm x 530mm x 559mm)
• Outside of lid: 27-5/8" x 21-11/16" (about 702mm x 551mm)
• Hatch Opening: 24-1/4" x 18-1/4" (about 616mm x 460mm)
• Cut out in the deck: 25-3/8" x 19-1/4" (about 645mm x 489mm)
• Height off of deck: 15/16" (about 24mm)
• Width across top: 25-1/4"
• Width across the bottom: 20"
• Fore and aft: 19-1/8"
• Thickness: 3/8"
• Handle holes center to center: 15-7/8"
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time! Bomar 1094-10AX