Flush through hull portion of the 1" and 1-1/4" seacock through hull valves used on most Catalinas 25' and larger starting in 1993. This part is only for the white through hull portion of the seacock.
Known usage: (there many have been others):
• Catalina 36: Engine raw water intake
• Catalina 375: Engine raw water intake
• Catalina 400: Aft macerator discharge
• Catalina 470: Forward macerator discharge
Molded Marelon offers superior strength and corrosion resistance. Marelon is lightweight, corrosion and electrolysis free, ideal for thru-hull valves. Marelon is a modern material formulation of polymer composite compounds that uses resins and additives to produce an extremely strong marine-grade product that will not deteriorate like traditional bronze marine plumbing parts. Ideal for above and below the waterline applications.
• Thru-hull minor diameter: 1-11/16"
• Thru-hull major diameter: 2-3/16"
• Thru-hull outside diameter: ~1-5/8"
• Thru-hull inside diameter: 1-1/16"
• Thru-hull length overall: 2-15/16"
The thru-hull uses a buttress style thread with 45 degree angled threads for exceptional strength and are not compatible with any other valves. A buttress thread design with the same amount of clearance as for a conventional pipe thread will give the impression of greater looseness. However, when the joint is taken up tight, there is a greater area of surface between threads with the buttress thread form creating greater load capacity. Like any threaded pipe assembly thread compound or Teflon tape applied to the threads to seal is required.