The flexible furler is a hassle-free "set and forget" reefing system.
It never needs maintenance, includes ball bearings, and is durable enough to withstand most any mishap. The luff was designed to maintain proper sail shape in the reefed mode and to reef safely even if high winds force you to use a winch.
We have upgraded the furling gear kit to make it completely "bullet proof". Our furling gear kits include everything you need for a proper installation without making five trips to the hardware store!
• Low price.
• Virtually indestructible one-piece plastic luff.
• Internal self contained jib Halyard.
• Very easy installation.
• Complete Flexible Furler with halyard.
• Pulpit mounted block leads the line into the furler.
lead the line aft to the cockpit. No drilling required!
• Cockpit mounted cleat.
• Furling line, 5/16" x 70', Very Low Stretch, white with blue marker
• Fasteners for the cleat.
1) The luff of your sail may need to be modified to be compatible with the furler. You can take your sail to your local sail loft or send you sail to Catalina Direct for modification. We highly recommend completing the furler installation before modifying the sail. Measure the installed furler in order to provide the maximum luff length dimension to the sailmaker.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your furler order is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!