• Foils and drum are securely connected with strong robust clamp to handle the high torque loads created when sails are reefed and furled in heavy air.
• Harken's "AirSwivel" Halyard
swivel connects to the halyard and is hoisted to the masthead. It is lighter to remove weight aloft
, smaller for less windage
and turns more freely with well engineered bearings. It also provides for use of the boat's halyard so luff tension can be adjusted from the cockpit.
• Tough triple-interlock foil joints withstand years of torque loading. Connector and geometric shape interlocks to foil and secures by coating engineered channel system with a syringe-injected adhesive. Screws provide a final lock.
• Independent halyard swivels furl sail center before head and tack
for improved sail shape and upwind pointing.
• Large inner spool diameter increases mechanical advantage for powerful reefing and furling. Unit rotates around forestay so furling bearings do not carry the forestay load for easy furling.
• Stacked bearing races in the halyard swivel evenly distribute radial and thrust loads to ball bearings; foils turn freely under halyard loads.
This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.