Cruising spinnaker gear kit for the Catalina 30. Most of our customers purchase cruising spinnakers when they want to increase performance in light air. They are not for racing, but rather for casual sailing with the family.
• A masthead spinnakers crane so the sail can be flown forward of the forestay
in clear air.
• Two robust genoa cars for the sheets
. Slide these cars way aft on your genoa tracks and you avoid having to drill more holes in your deck.
• Two sheets.
• Spinnaker halyard.
• Halyard snapshackle
• Spinnaker halyard block.
• Rope clutch for use aft at the cockpit.
• A snap shackle equipped block for the tack
pendant that is easily removed so as not to interfere with your anchor. (The tack pendant is typically supplied on the sail).
• Swivel block for the halyard at the base of the mast to lead the halyard outboard to your existing deck organizer.
• Diameter: 3/8"
• Lengths: (2) @ 65', & 112'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Read More" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Dacron Polyester cover, w/ Polyester core
• Stretch: Very low stretch
• Color: White
To prevent the line from twisting or binding when used in a cascade or mainsheet system the stainless steel block that is supplied in this kit has a feature to lock the rotation of the shackle that is on top of the body of the block. With the use of an Allen wrench, tighten the set screw to lock the shackle in position. When used as a swiveling block, as is the case for the spinnaker gear kit, ensure the set screw is not tightened and the swiveling shackle can self-align to find the fairest lead.
1) This kit is designed to support a cruising spinnakers in light air conditions. In heavier conditions, the sheet blocks will not be sufficient by themselves. You will need to add our foot blocks (Z2633) or your sheet blocks will fail from excessive loading.
2) We assume you still have the spare sheave in your deck organizer outboard of the mast to turn the halyard aft to the cockpit. If this sheave has been used for another purpose, you may need an additional sheave.
3) As the thickness of the cabin top varies from one boat to the next, we have not included the mounting hardware for the rope clutch.
4) The length of this item is based on the original factory specifications. However, the previous owner, like Captain Jack Sparrow, may have had an entirely different idea about how to rig a boat! Please confirm this is the correct length for your particular boat. We cut it from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but, like Jack, you may have a different idea of what you can use it for!