Unlike the original equipment part, we have the stainless steel riser electropolished after welding. All additional stainless fittings (elbows etc.) are also electropolished. Electropolishing (often described as the reverse of electroplating) passivates the metal by removing the ferrous metal from both the inside and outside surfaces of the tube. This is especially important at the welds where the welding process disturbs the metal structure and makes it more susceptible to rust and corrosion.
Use the annotated photo below in "More Images:" to ensure our stock riser will work for your requirements.
The only way to remove the exhaust riser from the boat is to remove the exhaust flange from the engine. This dictates that, at a minimum, you will need to replace the gasket. Most customers report the exhaust flange is impossible to remove from the old riser. The male thread on the end of the riser is typically seized to the female thread of the exhaust flange. If this is true for your parts, you will need a new exhaust flange too. Both are available below under "May we also suggest" below.
Always install a hump hose between the exhaust riser and the aqua lift muffler. The hump hose is more flexible than standard exhaust hose. It will help prevent damage to the muffler caused by the harsh vibrations of the diesel engine. See "May we also suggest" below.
• Catalina 310 when equipped with a Universal M25XPB engine.
We offer the exhaust flange and gasket for this particular exhaust flange. See "May we also suggest" below.
1) CAUTION! This exhaust riser must be used with a properly installed thermal jacket. Installing a riser without a thermal jacket is an extreme fire hazard that could cause death or serious injury and the complete loss of your boat.
2) Due to the extreme fire hazard, we include the appropriate Thermal Jacket.
3) Never run your engine without a properly installed Thermal Jacket. In every Catalina installation there are combustible materials close enough to the riser to start a fire.
4) We cannot overstate or take responsibility for the extreme danger inherent in an inboard engine's exhaust installation. We strongly recommend you have an experienced boat yard perform exhaust system repair or replacement.
5) This is an oversize item which does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.
6) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!
7) A 50% deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.