Unlike the original equipment part, we have the stainless steel riser electropolished after welding. All additional stainless fittings (elbows etc.) are also electropolished. Electropolishing (often described as the reverse of electroplating) passivates the metal by removing the ferrous metal from both the inside and outside surfaces of the tube. This is especially important at the welds where the welding process disturbs the metal structure and makes it more susceptible to rust and corrosion.
Unfortunately, due to subtle differences in length, shape and angles, we are not able to build this riser in advance and have it on the shelf for you. You must send us your old riser to match to achieve a proper fit.
The only way to remove the exhaust riser from the boat is to remove the exhaust flange from the engine. This dictates that, at a minimum, you will need to replace the gasket. Most customers report the exhaust flange is impossible to remove from the old riser. The male thread on the end of the riser is typically seized to the female thread of the exhaust flange. If this is true for your parts, you will need a new exhaust flange too. Both are available below under "May we also suggest" below.
Always install a hump hose between the exhaust riser and the aqua lift muffler. The hump hose is more flexible than standard exhaust hose. It will help prevent damage to the muffler caused by the harsh vibrations of the diesel engine. See "May we also suggest" below.
• Catalina 34 when equipped with a Universal M-35AC engine.
We offer the exhaust flange and gasket for this particular exhaust flange. See "May we also suggest" below.
1) CAUTION! This exhaust riser must be used with a properly installed thermal jacket. Installing a riser without a thermal jacket is an extreme fire hazard that could cause death or serious injury and the complete loss of your boat.
2) Due to the extreme fire hazard, we include the appropriate Thermal Jacket.
3) Never run your engine without a properly installed Thermal Jacket. In every Catalina installation there are combustible materials close enough to the riser to start a fire.
4) We cannot overstate or take responsibility for the extreme danger inherent in an inboard engine's exhaust installation. We strongly recommend you have an experienced boat yard perform exhaust system repair or replacement.
5) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
6) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
7) This riser is equipped with 1-1/4"NPT size threads and is not compatible with "B" series engines, which use 1-1/2"NPT size threads.
8) Although this part number represents the part used on the boat described above, there can be subtle changes from boat to boat. We will need your old exhaust riser to achieve a proper fit.
9) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!