Lewmar Roll Stop series trapezoidal forward hatch. This is the old "Roll Stop" hatch produced from 1986 through 1992. It has not been manufactured or available since 1992.
The flange base Roll Stop hatches that Catalina used have cut out sizes closest to Ocean hatches. Some boats had the Roll Stop hatches recessed into the deck as pictured at left. Since the hinge design is different on the Roll Stop and Ocean hatches, confirm that the overall dimensions of the new hatch will fit into the recess molded into your boat.
• Catalina 34 (Boats built before 1993. The earliest boats beginning with the start of production in January 1986 may have used Bowmar forward hatches for a time)
• Catalina 36 (Boats built between ~1985 and 1993)
• Catalina 42 (Boats built between and including the years 1986 and 1992)
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Overall size: 680mm (aft edge) x 516mm (forward edge) x 539mm (fore to aft) (~26-3/4" x 20-5/16" x 21-1/4" respectively)
• Cutout: 621.5mm (aft edge) x 475.5mm (forward edge) x 489mm (fore to aft) (~24-1/2" x 18-3/4" x 19-1/4" respectively)
• Cutout radii: 36mm (~1-7/16")
• Height off of deck: 41.5mm (~1-5/8")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
Lewmar Size 65 Roll stop