Headsail furling line for the Catalina 34, Catalina 350, and Catalina 36.
• Diameter: 5/16"
• Length: 80'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Read More" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Dacron Polyester cover, w/ Polyester core
• Stretch: Very low stretch
• Color: White with blue marker
1) The length of this item is based on the original factory specifications. However, the previous owner, like Captain Jack Sparrow, may have had an entirely different idea about how to rig a boat! Please confirm this is the correct length for your particular boat. We cut it from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but, like Jack, you may have a different idea of what you can use it for!
2) Warning regarding early Hood Line Drive furlers. This furling line is not a continuos line that is spliced into a loop. Some furlers such as very early Hood Seafurl "Line Drive" furlers designated #915LD (the "LD" suffix designated the "Line Drive" version) requires a continuous loop. This early furler was an unsuccessful design as it would sometimes allow a furled sail to "run free" and unfurl to its largest size at the worst possible time, when it was blowing 35 knots! Most were upgraded during a program offered years ago by Hood. That program is no longer available. If you still own one of these early Line Drive furlers, for safety's sake we highly recommend replacing it with a more modern design.