This is the original equipment coupler for the forward end of the prop shaft on your Universal Diesel. A mating piece is machined onto the output shaft of the transmission. Four bolts with nuts, washers, and 2 set screws (drilled for safety wire) fasten the engine and shaft ends of the coupler together.
• Flange diameter: 4"
• Shaft diameter: 1"
• Bolt Circle diameter: 3-1/4"
• Pilot Ring diameter: 2-1/2" (male on shaft end)
1) All transmission couplings require proper fitting & facing to the propeller shaft to ensure concentricity. Specialized machinery and tooling are required to properly install a coupling to a shaft. It is strongly recommended this work be performed by a qualified machine shop.
2) It is also mandatory that the shaft be dimpled to match the coupler set screws prior to use. These dimples prevent the shaft from pulling out of the coupler when the engine is shifted into reverse.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!