Lewmar Ocean series trapezoidal forward hatch.
When used in the Catalina 42, this hatch is typically used only on boats with a centerline double berth forward. If the boat is equipped with a pullman berth forward, a water blasted, for privacy in the head compartment, was used. The water blasted version of this hatch is not longer available, so this is your only replacement option.
• Catalina 310
• Catalina 315
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 350
• Catalina 36
• Catalina 380
• Catalina 42
• Catalina 470
Additional Usage: Late production of these boats may have been changed from Bomar to Lewmar in the early 2000's. Exact date is unknown:
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 320
As Catalina introduces new models, it is likely there will be other boats that use this same hatch. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Overall dimension (outside of lid): 653mm (aft edge) x 540mm (forward edge) x 536mm (fore to aft) (~25.7" x 21.3" x 21.1" respectively)
• Outside of lid: 680mm (aft edge) x 557mm (forward edge) x 567mm (fore to aft, including handle (~26.8" x 21.9" x 22.3" respectively)
• Height off of deck: 37mm (~1-1/2")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time! Lewmar Size 65 Ocean