Forward hatch lens only for Lewmar Ocean series trapezoidal hatch. This is a replacement lens for a complete hatch #Z2227 or for the replacement lens and lid #Z3006.
• Catalina 310
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 350
• Catalina 36
• Catalina 42
• Catalina 470
Additional Usage: Late production of these boats may have been changed from Bomar to Lewmar in the early 2000's. Exact date is unknown:
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 320
As Catalina introduces new models, it is likely there will be other boats that use this same hatch. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Outside of deck flange: 653mm (~25.7") (aft edge) x 540mm (~21.3")(forward edge) x 536mm (~21.1") (fore to aft)
• Outside of lid: 680mm (~26.8") (aft edge) x 557mm (~21.9") (forward edge) x 567mm (~22.3") (fore to aft, including handle
• Height off of deck: 37mm (~1-1/2")
Note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All imperial equivalents are approximate.
• Width Aft: 24"
• Width Forward: 19-1/4"
• Length: 19-3/8"
• Distance between hatch dogs (center to center): 12"
• Lens thickness: 1/2"
1) Lewmar reports that, in order to rate as an "Ocean" hatch, the lens is bonded into the frame under climate controlled conditions. This allows the lens itself to contribute to the structural integrity of the entire hatch assembly. Retrofitting a lens without a similar controlled environment will not produce as strong a bond and will reduce the overall strength of the hatch assembly. For a hatch that maintains the strength of the original hatch, we recommend "Forward Hatch Replacement Lid w/Frame Lewmar Trapezoid" part #Z3006 pictured below under "May we also suggest".
2) When used on the Catalina 42, this hatch is typically used only on boats with a centerline double berth forward. If the boat has the pullman berth forward, a different hatch was used. This custom hatch had a water blasted lens for privacy in the forward head. Unfortunately, with the advent of advanced hatch shade/screen options for new boats, there is no longer a demand for the water blasted lens, so Lewmar has discontinued it.
3) We have reports that the friction lever locations have varied over the years, so the slots for the levers will need to be added to match your lever locations on your existing hatch.
4) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245. Lewmar size 65