This screen is of a different construction than the original aluminum framed screen which is no longer available. The perimeter of this screen is a rigid rod concentric with the shape of the frame. A fabric surround covers the rod and secures the screen to the rod. The screen assembly is held to the underside of the hatch using your existing rotating tabs that are attached to the hatch trim.
A pair of special plastic hinges are included with the screen. By replacing a pair of the tabs, the screen can now be hinged open temporarily to gain access to the dogs or adjust how far open the hatch is during the night.
• (1) each: Catalina 350
• (2) each: Catalina 320, Catalina 34 MkII, Catalina 36 MkII
• (3) each: Catalina 42 MkII 2 Cabin models
• (4) each: Catalina 42 MkII 3 Cabin models
• (2) each: Catalina 470
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
Dimensions of hatch:
• Outside of deck flange: 512mm x 512mm (~ 20-3/16" x 20-3/16")
• Cutout: 442mm x 442mm (~ 17-3/8" x 17-3/8")
• Height off of deck: 25mm (~ 1")
• Radius of Cutout: 42.5mm (~ 1-11/16")
Dimensions of screen:
• Overall: 474mm x 474mm (~ 18-11/16" X 18-11/16")
• Thickness: 4mm (~ .157")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) Lewmar's import warehouse in the US does not stock these screens. It can take as long as 10 weeks to receive them from the UK, so please plan ahead.
3) Your boat must be equipped with Lewmar's hatch trim that includes tabs to hold the screen in place for these screens to fit. Please inspect your boat prior to ordering to ensure that a trim ring is already in place to accept the screen.
4) If you boat has Lewmar hatches but is not equipped with the white trim kit and tabs that hold the screen to the hatch, call our technical support line (see the link below). A complete screen and trim kit may be available to fit your hatch. Lewmar Size 44