This screen is of a different construction than the original aluminum framed screen which is no longer available. The perimeter of this screen is a rigid rod concentric with the shape of your existing trim in the boat. A fabric surround covers the rod and secures the screen to the rod. The screen assembly is held to the underside of the hatch using your existing rotating tabs that are attached to the hatch trim.
A pair of special plastic hinges are included with the screen. By replacing a pair of the tabs, the screen can now be hinged open temporarily to gain access to the dogs or adjust how far open the hatch is during the night.
• Catalina 310
• Catalina 315
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 350
• Catalina 36
• Catalina 42
• Catalina 470
Additional Usage: Late production of these boats may have been changed from Bomar to Lewmar in the early 2000's. Exact date is unknown:
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 320
Dimensions of hatch:
• Outside of deck flange: 653mm (aft edge) x 540mm (forward edge) x 536mm (fore to aft) (about 25.7" x 21.3" x 21.1" respectively)
• Outside of lid: 680mm (aft edge) x 557mm (forward edge) x 567mm (fore to aft, including handle (about 26.8" x 21.9" x 22.3" respectively)
• Height off of deck: 37mm (about 1-1/2")
Dimensions of screen:
Aft: 635mm (~25")
Forward: 520mm (~20-1/4")
Fore and aft: 523mm (~20-5/8)
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) Lewmar's import warehouse in the US does not stock these screens. If our supply is momentarily exhausted, it can take as long as 10 weeks to receive them from the UK, so please plan ahead.
3) Your boat must be equipped with Lewmar's hatch trim that includes tabs to hold the screen in place for these screens to fit. Please inspect your boat prior to ordering to ensure that a trim ring is already in place to accept the screen. Lewmar Size 65