Improved retrofit lifeline stanchion for early Catalina 380's with high/low mounting base. Replacement for earlier style stanchions that only had flattened rod for stanchion support mounted to the deck, with the base on the toerail often only supported by a tube or two fasteners.
This stanchion upgrade is similar to the original but stronger. In the additional images below, notice how the original reinforcement rods have been replaced by a plate that mounts to the deck as well as the toerail. In addition, we use thicker (0.120") stainless than the later designed stanchions that had originally (0.115") for the mounting base.
Some early designs only used the 1" stanchion tube extended into the toerail as the support outboard, while others had flush tubes welded to a flat plate with two fasteners. This replacement has the plate with fasteners on the toerail as well as the extended stanchion tube to make for most robust replacement possible.
Given the differences in design, you may want to replace all six of your stanchions at the same time.
• Top of toerail to top of stanchion: 23-1/2"
• Top of toerail to center of top lifeline: 23"
• High/low offset from deck to top of toerail: about 1"
• Diameter: 1"Fasteners:
• Two 1/4" holes at deck level of base on 3-1/2" centers.
• Two 1/4" holes on toerail level on about 2-1/8" centers.
• 1" outside diameter tube, depth into toerail: about 1"
1) Caution! Although we believe this is the correct part, be sure to measure carefully to ensure Catalina used the earlier style parts on your boat for which this is intended to be a replacement. Catalina's vendor was inconsistent with their supply of this stanchion especially during early production.
2) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!
3) A 50% deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships
4) This is an oversize item which does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.